So, we have been married for 5 years! I cannot believe it. Time just flies by so quickly! We went to Stone Mountain on Thursday for a quick overnight trip. I had not been in years (so long that I really couldn't remember it), and Dave had never been. We stayed at the Marriott Evergreen Resort and had a package deal that included champagne and chocolate covered strawberries (yum!), a couples massage (excellent!), dinner, breakfast buffet, and a king-sized suite! The bed was so comfortable, we literally slept like babies and wanted to take it home with us.
When we got to Stone Mountain on Thursday, we stopped and ate lunch at a neat little German restaurant in town before entering the park. It really reminded me of being in a restaurant in Germany! We decided that for our 10 year we are going to save the money and go to Europe. Anyways, we split the sausage platter for 2 and each had a dessert (I so blew my diet). Dave had raspberry cheesecake and I had apple/raspberry pie. After that, we headed to the hotel to check in. Our room was fortunately ready, and we went on up. It was at the very end of the hallway and we joked that we wouldn't be surprised if a little boy on a big wheel rolled down any second.
Our massage appointment was for 3, so we just hung out in the room for a while. There were thunderstorms anyway, so it was nice and relaxing. After our massages, we got ready for dinner while waiting on our champagne and strawberries. We had already eaten some of them when I realized I didn't get a picture. Oh well... We had dinner at The Commons, which was really good. It was also a nice photo op b/c it sits on the lake.
After dinner, we headed to the lawn to set up for the laser show. We enjoyed people watching while we waited, and then we were really impressed with the show! It was amazing!
The next morning we got up and ate the breakfast buffet, which let me just say would be a total rip off if not part of a package. There is no way I could eat enough breakfast to make it worth the price! It was an awesome spread, but still...come on. After breakfast, we hung out in the room for a few minutes and checked-out. We headed to the village in Stone Mountain and walked around for a couple of hours looking at the little shops. I bought some delicious jams and jellies for my parents and some vidalia onion salad dressing and pickled asparagus. I know it sounds gross, but it's good and Hayden likes it too! We then had lunch and headed home. We had to stop at the courthouse in Atlanta for Dave's work, and we were home by 2! Overall, it was a nice getaway and great for us to be together alone for a little while. We really need to find a regular babysitter over here! Thanks to Grammy and Deeda for letting Hayden entertain you while we were gone!
1 comments:
Happy Belated Anniversary! Glad you guys were able to get away and have a good time!
Post a Comment