Hayden had a great birthday party. All of the kids had a great time bowling and it was the least stressful party for me so far...even with a 1 month old! I would definitely use that bowling alley again because the people were so nice. All of Hayden's grandparents made it and two of his uncles, plus a set of great-grandparents and 9 of his friends. Hayden got some great gifts and quite a bit of birthday money, half of which he has already spent on a couple of more toys. All in all, I think he had a great birthday. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures right now because our PC is infected with a ton of viruses and Dave is still trying to get it cleaned up. I will post them later! I did get to make the cake after all. Next year will be a cake with little to no decorative parts, though. I forget how long it takes from year to year. It ended up tasting really good, but I wish we didn't have so much left over! It's not helping my post-baby weight loss at all!
Update to Livee's diaper rash dilemma: I have at least 5 different types of diaper rash cream in my arsenal now. Those two really bad spots were finally clearing up when 2 more started to appear over the weekend as well as a regular rash. I had been using Huggies diapers because Pampers Swaddlers didn't seem to fit right at first. Well, I switched back to Swaddlers on Sunday and the rash started clearing up by Monday. I am using a combination of A&D and Desitin Original on the rash. Needless to say, we won't be using anything besides Swaddlers for a while (at least until I get the cloth diapers ready to use...yes, I am using cloth diapers this time - it should be interesting and I will be sure to blog about it - I will be using BumGenius to start with - check them out at bumgenius.com).
We're headed to the Shoals on Friday for 5 nights. I will be hitting up the consignment sale on Friday night, so hopefully I can get some good deals for Livee. My sweet sister-in-law sent a bunch of 0-3 month clothing, so I don't need much of that. I will need to get socks, burp cloths, bibs, 3-6 month winter clothes (mostly holiday and casual since I have a ton of dresses), and 6-9 month winter clothes. I don't think we need any shoes since she's still not really fitting into any. I also thought about trying to get a stationary jumper or exersaucer because she will be using those before the spring consignment sale, which is hard for me to believe! Hayden doesn't need anything because we already got him one pair of casual fall shoes and my sweet cousin has already sent 4T clothing for him. Besides, when you start getting into the bigger sizes the clothing looks really worn because the kids where it for so much longer.
1 comments:
Glad the party was a success. I've still got to give you your baby gift! But I'm in CA, and it's in AL...hmmm...it will still be too big for a few months, though, so I'll get it to you. : )
Post a Comment