First Day of Kindergarten...finally!
Since Livee's birthday, we have started school! Hayden missed the first several days of Kindergarten due to Strep Throat (that lasted forever because it started with vomiting), but he is finally adjusting. He has had some issues with defiance, but I'm hoping that those are finally settling down. He's working on his site words and learning to read. His favorite subjects are P.E. and Art, which is customary for a little boy I think. The second weekend of August we had his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, also. He's 6 and growing like a weed! I asked him to stop, but he said no. :)

Ticket booth with cousin Carson

Ready for CAKE!

Gotta make sure Chuck E. is still there

Driving at the Cheese
In September, Livee started attending preschool at a local church two days a week for a few hours. She LOVES it! And I love that I am able to volunteer at Hayden's school one day a week and attend a Bible study on the other.

Livee's first day
Other than being sick on and off, we are enjoying the fall weather. Dave and I went white water rafting at the end of August with our LifeGroup class. Even though it wasn't a really rough river, we still had fun just being together all day without kiddos. The kids and I went to Muscle Shoals on Labor Day weekend (since Hayden was out on Monday) and will go back next weekend (Hayden's out on Columbus Day). We don't have anything else planned this month except for football (ugh) and my 10 year COLLEGE reunion. Yikes! I hope we can sneak in a trip to a pumpkin patch sometime since Livee is big enough to enjoy it this year.
I've joined Pinterest, which is why I need to use the treadmill that we bought on Craigslist last month. I just look at that site and I gain a pound. I've already made several recipes I've found on there and gotten lots of ideas for sewing and decorating. I'm planning on making the kids' Halloween costumes this year and I'm excited about that. I've also been working on painting my dining room chairs and recovering the cushions for about a month. It wouldn't have taken that long except it's rained in between and I've gotten distracted with other things. I will hopefully tackle painting our bedroom in the next couple of weeks. I've just about decided to paint the walls a nice stone gray and the ceiling a beautiful turquoise. Then we will get a king-sized bed next spring and a new ceiling fixture. I hope to remember to take pictures tomorrow at Uncle Charlie's commissioning ceremony so that I can post again later this week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment