I never thought this time would come so soon, but we are finally potty training! The unusually warm weather motivated me to "get 'er done". I knew I needed to get her out of diapers when I stopped remembering to change them more than twice a day (bad mom moment, I know). She has been pooping on the potty for a few months already. To me, potty training is all about consistency and not being lazy as a parent. Those are two things I really have to strive to achieve. But, in the end this is worth it! We started by staying at home all day Friday and Saturday. I sat her on the potty every 15 minutes and kept her either bottomless or in training pants. Her reward for tee-tee is 2 M&M's. Also, we bought her a princess potty and that made her even more excited about everything. By Monday, I lengthened her to every 30 minutes and was still having to remind her to go. Yesterday was rough in that she had an accident but I was not as diligent due to a stomach bug. But today, she went a couple of times on her own! I'm hoping that it's starting to click with her and am looking forward to a diaper-free future!
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment