We have lived in our house for almost 5 years now! Wowza! In the last several months, we have done a few things to give it a face lift. We originally thought we would live here only around 7 years, but with the housing market in our area still falling we realized we might be here longer. And with that, I started like a mad woman. Of course Dave always looks at me like I am crazy, but he enjoys building just as much as I do. Painting....is another story for him. :)
This is our most recent project. We built in our refrigerator! We would not have added an extra cabinet in the middle, but we had to have a way to push the fridge further back towards the wall. For clarification - the water line is set about 6 inches out from the baseboard, which has always made the fridge stick out at least 4 inches further than it should. To fix this problem, we took a pre-fab cabinet and cut holes in it to accommodate the water line and outlet. Then we used plywood and the existing wall cabinet to build in our refrigerator. Now, we just have to add trim. And then we will build all of the cabinets up to the ceiling and paint. I just know it will be beautiful when we finish! Can't wait!


0 comments:
Post a Comment