Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Griping...

I would just like to say that I am thoroughly aggravated. We got home yesterday to find that our furnace was not working. So, I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart to get a space heater for our den until we have time to figure it out. I decided that while I was at good ole Wally World that I would do my grocery shopping. Mistake! It was a madhouse. Don't go there if you don't have to!!! I spent way too long there and it was freaking cold, so when we got home we ate a little dinner and headed upstairs to where our heat is working (we have a different unit up there). We have spent the day running up our gas bill with our logs burning and using the space heater as well. The sunshine helps during the day, so it got warm enough to turn the space heater off for a while. We have a good idea what's wrong, so hopefully we can fix it tomorrow...just in time for old St. Nick!


Another thing is that a few weeks ago I found out our pretty blue crib had been recalled! As Dave said, good thing they recalled it before we put a baby in it!!! (Note the sarcasm.) The spindles can apparently break and pose a choking hazard. Lovely. If you've ever had a recalled item, you understand the aggravation of all of this. First I had to fill out the paperwork online with every number written on the thing. Then we got a packet instructing us to take off a part of the hardware and mail it back so that we can get our stipend. I'm really wondering whether or not to do it b/c our crib has a nice spring support bottom and the other cribs in it's price range don't. Guess we shouldn't take the chance. It stinks though. I would put a picture of the crib on here, but apparently I don't have one. Wow, we are really bad about taking pictures of things like that.
Here is a picture of Christmas last year in our old house in the 'Ham. Wow, a lot can change in a year. We've moved to a different state and are expecting a new baby! I have to say, I am also another year older and a whole lot wiser!!!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It must be in the air...our heater is not working either.
Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

You're preggers...Congratulations! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that your heat is working by now!