We had our little "family" Thanksgiving lunch today. Everything turned out great, if I do say so myself! And even though I halved the big recipes, we still have enough leftovers to eat off of for at least 3 days! Dave already left for work, and I am thinking about eating a little snack in a minute. ;) Hayden is down for a nap, so I will watch some sappy Christmas movies on TV and relax. Maybe I can work on a few more Christmas decorations after he gets up and he can play outside since it's so nice and warm!
P.S. We actually didn't stay at home tonight! Dave was covering the Macy's Christmas tree lighting at Lenox Square Mall, so we hopped on the interstate and joined him. Jewel performed, along with some other people that I hadn't really heard of, but who were equally as good. When they lit the Christmas tree, they had a ton of fireworks, which rivaled our little town's fourth of July set! Jann Carl from E.T. was there as the host, so I got a quick pic with her when it was over. I wanted to try to get a pic with Jewel, but she disappeared quickly every time she left the stage. Sneaky girl...
Overall, we had a great Thanksgiving all alone in Georgia. I'm glad Hayden and I mustered up the energy to head downtown. I'm always wanting us to "do" more, and tonight I felt like we did!

0 comments:
Post a Comment