Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2 weeks old already!

Livee is already 2 weeks old, which feels like an eternity to me since I've been trapped in the house (mostly upstairs). I can't wait to be able to get out a bit more and get back into a routine...however mundane that might be. She is doing really well even though nights are still hard. I'm trying to get her on more of a schedule, simply b/c I can't keep up with when she's eaten last if I don't. She sticks to eating every 3 hours most of the time. Sometimes it's a bit earlier and sometimes a bit later, but I can handle that if I know what to expect. She spits up quite a bit which I didn't have with Hayden, so that's a new phenomenon that I don't really know what to do with. I'm hoping that it's just her digestive tract being immature and will clear up as time goes on. She's still eating really well and I can tell that she's growing because she's filling out her clothes a little better. We go back to the doctor this Friday for a 2 week checkup so I will post some stats then.


Hayden is getting a little used to the idea of having her here. He went through a few rough days and with all of the visitors and guests, I'm sure it will take him a while to adjust. My parents left last Friday and Dave's mom arrived on Saturday. Then Dave starts vacation this Friday, so I won't be alone with both kiddies for a couple of more weeks at least. That's a relief to me because it really helps not having to worry about Hayden and housework too much.


Here is a picture collage of Livee and me. I'm on the left and Livee is on the right. I think she looks a lot like me as a baby, with a little difference around the eyes. Only time will tell!
And here are some more pics of me as a baby (around 6 weeks old).

2 comments:

The Hokansons said...

She's just beautiful! I hope all is going well. You'll get used to the spit up. It becomes second nature after awhile. We had burp clothes in every room of the house for a while. :-)

Carrie said...

Yeah, I agree with them. The spit-up thing becomes a regular thing. I swear Alli would spit up more than she ate! She was a happy baby, though, and she grew, so I didn't worry about it too much. Livee is precious, though!