Friday, July 24, 2009

Doctor's Visit

We had Livee's 2 week checkup today and she is 7 lbs, 14 oz and 19 3/4 inches long. She's doing great! We had some concerns about an indentation on her lower back, but were assured today that the ultrasound and abdominal x-ray they did in the hospital came back completely normal. She has been spitting up quite a bit more than Hayden and curiously the doctor asked today where Livee was sleeping. I told her either in the bouncy seat or the bassinet and she said that it's better for them to sleep flat because sleeping upright can compress her little belly and make her spit up more. That was something that I never knew! We will definitely be working on getting her sleeping flat more often! She cluster feeds at night and that makes the gas worse, so I'm thinking that this will help alleviate the problems. I'm getting tired, but since Dave's on vacation next week I'm thinking we can get rested up. Hayden's 4th birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and I can't believe how big he has gotten. Preschool is just around the corner, starting the day after labor day!

0 comments: